Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Looking For Help
Fader,Sep 15 2006, 03:07 PM Wrote:Hi All,
I'm the new owner of a 2002 ZX5 and I am looking for a little help.

1st of.....welcome!

Quote:Is WheelsNext really a good deal? Seems too good to be true. 

Should I consider going up to a 17 inch wheel?  If I do, are there any other considerations?  Does the increased size effect the odometer/speedometer? Or is that a thing of the past?

Depends on how, and where you drive. I had 17's on my car for over 3 years but did have some ride quality issues. If I was to do it again, I would run a nice 16" wheel, that way your getting some decent looks with a bigger wheel but not sacrficing the ride quality. Yes, the different sizes will affect the odo/speedo.....theyre online calculators at most online tire shops to measure the difference.

Quote:I want to put a cold air kit on it.  What manufacturer would you recommend?

EBAY. Get a cold air intake kit from ebay and replace the filter. metal is metal, its the fileter you want to worry about. I bought one from ebay and swutche dthe POS filter to a K&N one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-up-For...1QQcmdZViewItem

Quote:I want to put a performance exhaust system (cat back) on it. What manufacturer would you recommend?

Go Borla or go home. :P Magnaflow and MRBP whatever it is, is also a good deal...zx3tuning, or No Limits Auto parts in Ottawa can get these.

Quote:I have never put custom wheels on a car with drum brakes. Rusty drums are really ugly.  Any suggestions that do no include converting to disks?  Paint seems logical, but wouldn't there be heat issues?

Go nuts with the paint, just buy the right stuff. You can pick up caliper paint that will do the trick, I did my calipers and drums a few years ago and there still holding up nicely.

Quote:Any links that you could share for after market parts would be appreciated. I am especially interested in interior items. Bezels, gauge packages etc.

I make stuff out of fiberglass.....pretty much anything...couple of other guys here do to. Pic of my work...

Guauge pod...

[Image: Picture_089.jpg]

Front grills

[Image: f16c9224.jpg]

Quote:Has anybody put in aftermarket seats?  Preferably leather.  Experience or recommendations?

check out teknotik.com or streetimports.com for there seats....I love mine, you'll need to make brackets for them.

[Image: DSCF2262.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2258.jpg]

Quote:I'm an old Corvette guy who, true to the joke, lost his Vette to his ex-wife. I miss having a "toy" and I miss the clubs.  Is there a Focus club that is very active in the Ottawa south to Prescott area?

I'm really enjoying driving this little beast and want to pump so more fun into it.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Fader
[right][snapback]207266[/snapback][/right]

Last but certainly not least.

turbo the bitch
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Newbie Looking For Help - Fader - 09-16-2006, 05:07 AM
Newbie Looking For Help - Oscar The Grouch - 09-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Newbie Looking For Help - Flofocus - 09-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Newbie Looking For Help - ZX5focused - 09-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Newbie Looking For Help - Flofocus - 09-16-2006, 06:04 AM
Newbie Looking For Help - focusonthis_88 - 09-16-2006, 06:52 AM