Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing The Maf Discussion
haha.. yeah, I'm not trying to do anything new or different. This question popped up just out of plain old curiosity... I wasn't planning on doing anything with the information except learn how everything works a bit more fully.

But knowing that the MAF goes higher in voltage, wouldn't you agree that instead of ponying up $250+ for a new MAF, a $30 connector would be nice... especially since you can apply the newly mapped (calibrated) values into a custom tune. It allows the possibility of knowing the flow characteristics with a $30 part if anyone ever bothered to take the time to test/market such a beast.

It would be like calibrating your MAF without spending hundreds of dollars to do it. So you can do your custom tuning for it, get a proper tune, etc. No extra tuning would be required outside what you'd normally do for a callibrated MAF.

By absolutely no means have I ever suggested that just a calibrated MAF and injectors are enough... anything I've proposed, I've taken a custom tune as a pre-requisite.

But I digress..that's not what I'm going to do, it's more to just satisfy my curiosity. Considering all the costs involved, I would be getting a calibrated Pro-M or Cobra MAF when I move to SCT. It's proven to work, and I can live with that.

To be honest, I would have probably ordered that stuff by now, if I wasn't still waiting for Steeda to get back to me....

But since then, I've had a good chat with EFF, and if I can solve my stumble problems safely (and get it dyno-approved) with the stock computer, I might hold off a bit, so I don't drive myself into the poor house (at least I can watch movies in my car when I get kicked out :P )...
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-01-2004, 08:13 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - naz - 04-01-2004, 09:20 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - naz - 04-01-2004, 10:10 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-01-2004, 10:41 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - naz - 04-02-2004, 03:28 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-02-2004, 03:50 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - naz - 04-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Continuing The Maf Discussion - darkpuppet - 04-02-2004, 09:16 AM