Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Think About Ford Escape?
meford4u,Sep 27 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:Have you ever been in one?  Driven one?
Becasue they are relatively comfortable for a cheap econobox entry level SUV.
They get decent gas mileage and are peppy enough (they'll out run an SPI anyday)
They are what they are.  A simple vehicle.  If you want more, pay more.
[right][snapback]208785[/snapback][/right]

I've been in one several times. I actually admire Ford for making the Escape Hybrid. If it was feasible for a North Bay winter, I'd have one already.

As for outrunning the SPI - have fun with that :) I'll get much better gas mileage in the meantime. I have no problem being slow when a tank will last me almost 3 weeks around town, minimum.

The V6 consumes more gas than it is worth (to me) and all the wonderful Zetec design flaws (DPFE, thermostat housing, etc) will come to pass in the base models. Like I said, the Duratec-powered models will likely be the sweet spot for current Escapes.

As for driving one, I did briefly at Stockfish one day... down the highway and back while waiting for an oil change. That's as far as I wanted to go. They could have made that truck so much... more in terms of usability and versatility, but instead we got the stopgap Edge precursor.

Like I said... for what you'll need (Mo), a Subaru Impreza would be a runaway winner.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
What Do You Think About Ford Escape? - NOS2Go4Me - 09-28-2006, 04:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ford Escape focusonthis_88 14 4,085 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Drivesthebeast
  Ford Escape focuspilot23 6 2,078 12-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Last Post: focuspilot23