Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
Jays2000ZX3,May 26 2004, 11:09 AM Wrote:Look at a NEW Focus, compared to a NEW Civic..in 4 years, which will be worth more?
Okay let me sound off on this:

People always assume that poor resale value is an indication of the quality of car. This is not true by any means. Many manufacturers for example Honda do not either offer or have a poor fleet program. Fleeting if someone does not know consists of selling thousands upon thousands of vehicle and barely above cost....i.e. Sunfires and Cavaliers. But if you ask many of the J-body owners about their cars and the reliability almost everyone of them are satisfied. The value is an indication of rental companies making a profit on these vehicles and selling them at next to nothing.

Hell you can pick a brand new J-body for about 11g and have a reliable car. Sounds really good to me...but people insist on saying that their car holds their value better than the other.

In today's market 3/4 of the people lease so who gives a crap what your car will be worth...it simply doesn't matter because you are switching cars every 3-4 years.

Many cars for example Subaru hold their value because no one buys them period.
Now does nobody buy them because they are a crappy car? Makes you think.

Other reasons why the imports seem to hold their value is the insistence of the dealer performing all the maintenance with the threat of voiding your warranty at every visit. The imports are very smart here because they are retaining all their service work and can also when selling these used vehicles can make a valid claim that their cars were only dealer serviced. But as most of you can attest to dealer service is not very inexpensive so what about adding that to your cost of ownership.

I can keep going on and on but I think you might be fed up of hearing it. :D

Oh by the way Honda is taking a sheat kicking in the market....7 months in a row they are trending down.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub

Messages In This Thread
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus - Paparoach - 05-27-2004, 03:01 AM