Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
meford4u,May 26 2004, 04:02 PM Wrote:Buy North American Built vehicles and leave your bucks at home.
I agree with meaford4u for the most part but the import/domestic line is so blurry these days one must use a finer brush. What is better North American economy wise:

Buying a Korean built Chevy

or

Buying a Cambridge built Toyota

a

German built Dodge Full size van, Sprinter

or

a Mercedes SUV made in Alabama

I suppose one could answer go "all American" and answer Focus, Taurus, Econoline, Expedition to the above but man oh man what boring answers they would be. Sounds like a rental car fleet!

Lots of people like boring I'm just not one of them. What appealed to me about the Focus was it was supossed to be a rebadged European car but what we ended up with was a garbled translation. I "expect(ed) more" as the slogan went.

I tried to do my part by buying a "big 3" car made in Michigan but it just didn't work out. So for next purchase I was selfish and got something I was familiar with and could have more trust with a made in Japan Japanese car. My taking chances abnd experimenting days are over.

But as another sign of how the auto world works these days; 20% of that technically went to General Motors and the exact same car, with a couple tweaks, wil be called a Saab in 2005.

I think it has become just too weird and complex to think of "us" and "them" anymore?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!

Messages In This Thread
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus - 2001 ZTS - 05-27-2004, 02:53 AM