Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
Jay, you have very valid points.

And that's why my focus is going to stick around for a while... I can't imagine spending more money on a new/different car after the fact because the resale is so bad.

But you gotta see it from the eyes of some of the newbies that join the site as well... They come on the board, mention they've bought a focus and wonder what it would take to put a turbo on it.

And then the import ninjas jump from the dark, slice his dreams with hanso katana and a flurry of shuriken, telling them it's not worth buying the car they just bought because you can find so much better elsewhere.

But the ninjas were too late.. the kid already bought the car.

Hell, buying a used focus is a damn bargain! too bad there aren't lots of cheap performance mods for it, but folks have been able to demonstrate an ability to find performance parts on the cheap..and build respectable cars...just gotta look around.

The focus will never be a monster car.. but if we were all here for that, we'd all be buying rusted out RX-7's and supras and working nights at Dom Torreto's garage to make our 9 second cars.

Actually, the thing that bums me out the most is the migration of the technically knowledgeable folks to other platforms... we could use folks around who can help with the focus stuff.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus - darkpuppet - 05-27-2004, 01:22 AM