Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus
The reason it's so easy to go and hop up a Civic is simply because there are SO many of them. They aren't any better at hopping up... they just have a 20+ year history, whereas the Focus is hardly 5 years old. It takes time to build up the aftermarket for a new car, considering the amount of R+D that is needed for a whole new array of parts from any given manufacturer.

[EDIT] - had to go to a meeting and cut the original post short! :lol:

Civcs and Focuses are pretty much the same car from different manufacturers. They have 4 cylinders, damn near identical trim lines, and the same purpose: save gas while acting as sporty as possible. They really are so close to each other it's insane.

What's wrong with the whole matter, as foc us mentions, is unions amongst other things. We DO suffer lower build quality, but aside from the fuel pump recall and the annoying door trim popping up... I have yet to see a problem in 3K+ KMs.

Would I blow $22,000+ on a loaded new Focus? Only if it got better mileage than my 2001 SPI. Would I blow 22K+ on a Civic? Hell no. For that price, you're barely getting a new car; it's more than likely you're getting a 2 year-old car off a lease.

Any talk about the Civic being any better than the Focus is bunk. One is domestic, the other an import. They serve exactly the same functions, and perform darn near identically (espcially the SPI vs the base 1.7L Civic from 2002-04 - *evil grin*).

The only difference isn't the capability to tune the Focus, it's the lack of aftermarket. And I'm sick to death of hearing about the Civic being "a mad tuner's car yo!" :angry:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Sick Of Hearing Member That Diss Focus - NOS2Go4Me - 05-26-2004, 11:57 PM