Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cbc Loses Rights To Hockey Night In Canada.
Quote:Food and beverage workers (inside and outside the arenas), ushers, and those in the hockey equipment industry, among others, were forced into abrupt career changes due to the season’s cancellation. For the most part, those folks suffered in silence, with nary a multi-million-dollar war chest to offset the pain. It was a brutal reminder of the precarious economic domino structure that allows people to make their next mortgage payment, and few who felt its sting will soon forget it.

I went trough the same thing when baseball had it's last strike in 1994 and I will never forget it I use to be a huge baseball fan and to work down at the Skydome was a fan dream. Ever since the strike I haven't bought anything related to baseball Blue Jay related or otherwise, I needed the money for school at the time and I will never forgive them for the hardship that I had to endure because a bunch of spoiled millionaires couldn't come to an agreement. As for the hockey strike I wouldn't expect anybody in the food and service industry that was effected to forgive the players or even owners anytime soon.

Laterz :)
1972 Austin Mini | 1989 Mini30 | 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS

Messages In This Thread
Cbc Loses Rights To Hockey Night In Canada. - 02ztsian - 10-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Cbc Loses Rights To Hockey Night In Canada. - K_OS - 10-27-2006, 01:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canada Hockey COCHYN 38 13,712 03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Last Post: COCHYN
  Canada Hockey - Olympics COCHYN 50 20,554 02-24-2010, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Flofocus
  Hockey Night In Canada Theme Finds New Home NefCanuck 10 3,498 06-11-2008, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Aka