Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Need A New Alternator.
There's a reason why I don;t attempt do it myself.

It all happened 5 years ago. The car was a little over 6 months old an I got new springs. It was my FIRST mod and I was excited...we were all the same way with our first mod. I wanted to install them myself. Anyone who has done / seen springs replaced, it truely is an easy job. I attempted to do this job with an old member on here (Euro Ford Fan) Everything went great, got the rear driver side in, got the driver side front in...well when we got to the passenger side rear, one of the bolts and bushings was seized and started to come apart. Not to mention the head on the bolt started taking a beating. We got HALF the bolt out and rear arm dropped a little. The bolt just wouldn't come out and it wouldn't go back in either after we decided to abort the mission...So there we had it....it was a Friday afternoon in the summer, my BRAND NEW car was up on stands in friend's garage and we had just finishing reaming on my car for 4 hours....And now we were in over heads. Calling Ford to see if I could get a new rear end for my car as it seemed to be easier to replace all the rear components than it was to ream on the old ones to get them back together. I was sick to my stomach....we had buggered my new car up, and I was due to have dinner with the in-laws in an hour. My car was undriveable and we had places to go. Luckily we got it all back together, (Way late in the day now)

We dodged a huge bullet.

Puppet and I tried it ourselves later that summer and ran into the same issues. I vowed NEVER to wrench on my own car again. I'll clean it till' the pait comes off, but I'm not taking the sucker apart.

I'd rather have a shop with the right tools and knowlege to do it. I'm an office worker...I don't do machanics.

Messages In This Thread
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - schade - 11-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - habmann - 11-13-2006, 03:31 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - schade - 11-13-2006, 03:50 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - smith21 - 11-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - habmann - 11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - ANTHONYD - 11-15-2006, 12:07 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-17-2006, 10:56 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Chromey - 11-17-2006, 12:02 PM