Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Need A New Alternator.
Flofocus,Nov 14 2006, 10:01 AM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Nov 13 2006, 05:53 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Nov 13 2006, 05:14 PM Wrote:Your asking the wrong guy.  I would personally charge you $20/hour for it.  Took me about 1 hour to get mine off...seized bolts of course.  Took no time to re-install. Hammer and pry bar are your freinds.

Cant rememeber what I paid for mine, but it was under $100 for a refurbished one, with bringing my old one in.

Go ahead, pay $600 for it.  Like I give a s***.  :lol:
[right][snapback]215823[/snapback][/right]

Don't get your nuts in a knot buddy.

I'm not mister machanic like you. Not all of us are as experienced with mechanicals like you are so I'm forced to take my car to places to have it fixed.

Not all of us have had the pleasure to build a home hardware turbo in their own garage.

Thanks for your help.
:rolleyes:
[right][snapback]215829[/snapback][/right]

:lol: Im far from a mechanic Anthony. It's amazing what a little patience, common sense, and reading can do. ;)

Quote:Hey anthony, why dont you atleast attempt repairing something on your own for once ? I mean, that is to say , try to do it. Mechanics are just like you and me , and really all it takes is a good head on your shoulders (which you may or may not have ) and a little time and patience. No ones looking for indy 500 times on changing an alternator , just make it a saturday thing and save yourself a few hundred bucks in the process.

I mean comon, ford built this car, not the brightest folk  , and whats the worst that can happen , you cant get it off so then take it somewhere. But damn man, get a haynes repair manual ( 20 bucks at CT ) and give it a whirl !

Excellent Advice! I'll just bold the patience part....you'll need a lot of that when working on the car for the 1st time. Also...if your having a hard time reaching a bolt, or cant get the tool on properly, I would suggest taking other parts out of the way so its easiser to manouever and use your tools. It can be time consuming when taking other parts off...but you have to see what your doing. Pretty sure when I did my alternator (when engine was in the car) I had to move the coolant tank, and the side motor mount....that was over 3 years ago, so I'm not to familiar with it.
[right][snapback]215924[/snapback][/right]

I hope my comments were not taken out of context Nate. I was just buggin' :P PEACE

All great advice. I don;t really have the patience to do it myself, that's my problem. I a big guy, my habds don't fit in places easily, I don't roll in and out from under a car graciously at all. :P In fact, it down right hurts!

I laid flooring with meford this summer in my living room...I couldn't move for 3 days :lol:

Messages In This Thread
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - schade - 11-13-2006, 02:20 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - habmann - 11-13-2006, 03:31 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - schade - 11-13-2006, 03:50 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - smith21 - 11-13-2006, 04:02 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - habmann - 11-14-2006, 01:13 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - ANTHONYD - 11-15-2006, 12:10 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-16-2006, 12:18 PM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-17-2006, 10:56 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Mike - 11-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I Think I Need A New Alternator. - Chromey - 11-17-2006, 12:02 PM