Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Of A Personal Note & A Question
Good for you for joining a gym.

Most gyms include a free visit with a trainer when you first start going. If the gym offers that, take advantage of it, they'll go through a few things with you, show you the equipment etc. They should make up a plan for you that will help to be a guideline for your goals.

If you like the trainer, see about maybe once a month to start, then go from there. I would suggest a consult with a trainer every 3 months or so to adjust your plan/workout schedule so you have less chances of hitting a plateau and GETTING BORED, that tends to be a huge problem for a lot of gym goers.

I used a trainer at the gym I was going to a while back every 10 weeks. It was $60 for an hour session, $6 a week basically. He helped me a lot, I lost about 60 lbs in a year and a half, now we're pretty good friends and hang out all time.

I'm also lucky in that my best friend Amanda is a PT as well. She's also a sadistic cold hearted bitch who drives me harder than anyone has ever done to me before, even harder than my football and power lifting coaches back in the day. We also happen to be workout partners, and being best friends it has helped our relationship a lot too. We try to do a lot of exercise outside of the gym as well, a little more difficult in the winter months.

My 2 cents is to consult a trainer every so often to begin with and try to work out with your partner as much as you can, to motivate eachother and to help build your relationship as well.
No name, Cheap and Slutty.

MMM Daddy Like

Messages In This Thread
Something Of A Personal Note & A Question - focusracer - 12-09-2006, 07:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A personal note - thanks for your indulgence. ZTWsquared 23 12,292 10-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Flofocus