Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Of A Personal Note & A Question
Frost__2001,Dec 10 2006, 07:58 PM Wrote:As for the Personal Trainer I have 8 free hour long work out with them, and I have yet to set one up just yet, Goodlife is going to call me to arrange them, but I'm still kinda wondering about should I have a meet with one once a week till I get into the rythem of things?
[right][snapback]219463[/snapback][/right]

The 8 free 1 hour sessions should start you off nicely. Ideally, you would want your trainer to give you some good exercise options for certain days, making sure you work the muscle groups on alternate days. ie: day 1: legs, day 2: back , day 3: arms, day 4: shoulders and core... Doing this rotation twice with your trainer will give you two full sessions for each group to make sure you are doing the moves properly... during this training, you are going to want to incorporate some sort of cardio as well...

Basically, your body burns more calories both at rest and during exercise with the more muscle composition you have... and you also get a higher and longer *after-burn* with more muscle. So one way to build muscle is to lift (duh...), the other way to change your body composition is to decrease overall body fat, but whatever you do... DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR TRAINER ABOUT EXERCISING AT A LOW INTENSITY TO BURN FAT!!!!

This is a waste of your time! Although *technically* your body does use more fat as a fuel source at lower intensities, you are also using less substrate (ie: energy) in total... so, to up your amount of calories, increase the intensity and duration... this will really get you going... .for that, I recommend using the GoodLife Cybex machine... it's pretty easy to use and is a lot more enjoyable than running on a treadmill for one hour.

Anyways, I'm just going off on a tangent... I could talk for hours about getting healthy and working out....

Have fun though! It's a lifestyle that you'll get addicted to!!
Does a shorty anntena count as a mod?? Wink
2006 ZX5 UV red with SAP package

"Two things in life are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe"

Messages In This Thread
Something Of A Personal Note & A Question - ZX5chica - 12-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A personal note - thanks for your indulgence. ZTWsquared 23 11,934 10-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Last Post: Flofocus