Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Were Is Your Sirius Satellite Attena Installed?
amcx,Dec 10 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:Well I just installed a sirius satellite radio on my dads ZX3 Having trouble positioning the magnetic antena pod. I would like to have it under the head liner but Im not picking up any signal under it. Tried it on the roof and I get full bars. Problem is he works in a hi theft/vandalism area. And were worried about somebody yanking it. SO my question is were have you guys put yours to pickup maximum signal? on the roof? inside ect?
[right][snapback]219423[/snapback][/right]

You Won't get any signal under the headliner as the roof is blocking the signal. It needs to have a line of sight to the satelite. I've seen people leaving it on their dash in the front windshield with good signal, though it could easily crap out if you're travelling the wrong direction and lose the line of sight. The best if you're worried of thft/vandalism is to probably stick it on the roof above the drivers door so you can just pick it off and stick it inside while parked.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.

Messages In This Thread
Were Is Your Sirius Satellite Attena Installed? - skifreak69 - 12-11-2006, 02:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sirius Satellite Radio? redsvtfocus 7 2,650 05-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Last Post: redsvtfocus