Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ont. Says Minimum Wage Hike Is Last One For While
See I was working part time at a wood shop and then one day I heard the head CNC operator was leaving in the next couple of months. Since I was in school for computers and I knew programing I was asked to take over. For 1 month I ran the machine blind because the operator wasnt sure if he was going to leave, then I went on a week leave of absance because of family problems and I found out he quit.

Fourty peoples jobs depend on the machine running, and nobody but me knows how to turn it on and set up the programs to be run on the machine. I learned the CNC code for that machine(every CNC is different), mastercam and how to repair/change parts on the manchine........in 1 month. Then the more problems started; the women that was making the programs stoped making them, because she went on maternaty leave, my shop manger... quit, both in the same month. Soooooooo I became the Operator/Programer/Shop Manager. It took them 2 months to find a programer and we have no shop manager still. To top it off ,I have to modify every single program comming out of the office. Hey It really f***in sucks and what I thought was a great job turned into the job from hell, but I could'nt forsee the problems and they happend so fast. As for finishing the program in night school ........not a chance. I cant even move at the end of the day and my brain is so exhusted from crunching numbers and visualizing that I have blured vision and vertigo. I planned on going to university for part time, but realized it would be a waste of money. I mean f***, anyone thats reading this and is thinking of taking that job without finishing school, think of my post. Im screwed because I dont have enough experiance to find another job in my field and I dont have a diploma . Sure the money is good, but my health is more important, plus I dont see myself doing this any longer and thats why I am going back to school in September.

10 pff I was making 12 part-time when I was in school and I still couldnt afford the needs.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.

Messages In This Thread
Ont. Says Minimum Wage Hike Is Last One For While - D-Dub - 02-03-2007, 09:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ont. Minimum Wage Gets A Raise Frost__2001 6 2,059 03-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS