Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need To Wire Up Dimmed Highs As Drls
paolo,Feb 16 2007, 10:09 AM Wrote:well they should, because DOT is department of transportation in the USA, we live in Canada, they actually sell them installed on vehicles in the usa from the factory, and also available seperately from the parts department in the usa with NO disclaimer for off road..  I know because mine were purchased from the USA.. Canada can easily allow them, just FORD of Canada does not, There is no "safety regulations" that these lights do not meet.
[right][snapback]227120[/snapback][/right]
Ok, correction, Transport Canada.

This is nothing new; you run into issues all the time with CSA, manufacturers have to submit appliances to UL for testing (and they have to pay for it), but they don't want to pay for the CSA testing (because the market's too small).

I ran into this with my stove -- Whirlpool makes 10 models of black gas stoves for the US market, but only 1 black gas range for Canadian markets. And it isn't their top "Gold Series". They figure if you want the upscale model in Canada you'll move up to a Kitchen Aid (same company, in many cases it's the same unit with a different logo or paint scheme)

Anyways, when I bought my house, we wanted to get the stove to match the rest of the set, we had to go to Rosa's in Niagara Falls, bought the model that 1) matched the set and 2) had a CSA logo on it. Some had them, some didn't -- even when some were even made in Canada. It's all about paying for the testing.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
Need To Wire Up Dimmed Highs As Drls - OAC_Sparky - 02-17-2007, 01:34 PM