Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think I Know Whats Replacing The Focus.
NOS2Go4Me,Mar 9 2007, 10:32 AM Wrote:So I'm going Miata-hunting in a couple of years when I'm looking for a properly-handling tourer?

I don't know how you can knock on the DSG like that without having either tried it or checked the performance specs, Nate.
[right][snapback]229474[/snapback][/right]

I've driven plenty of these setups Adam.

From what ive read dsg is the VW's triptronic version right? It can be on the shifter like +/- or on the steering wheel....correct me if Im wrong.

I dont like those systems. Granted now...if it came down to it, Auto vs dsg, Id take the dsg. Now if it was manual vs dsg, manual all the way. My father has the triptronic on his Jetta (dont think its dsg, its an 05 jetta), and its nothing to brag about. Yeah, throwing the controls on the streering wheel would make it 'neet' but wouldnt really impress me. It works, and it works well, but I prefer the manual.

Like I said, when we go to replace the accord, it will more than likely be some dsg/triptronic so I can somehow row through gears and the wife can drive the car everyday without the worry of starting out in 1st gear on a hill. BUT, this isnt replacing the accord, it would replace the focus, and I would want a 5/6psd manual.

Then again...dont give up on me yet :lol: , I'll get the wife confident enuff to drive stick. Shes getting better with the bmw and its not the easiest to drive.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
I Think I Know Whats Replacing The Focus. - Flofocus - 03-10-2007, 12:50 AM