Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I Have A '07 Focus Se Sedan For A Month..
Drivesthebeast,Mar 10 2007, 11:22 PM Wrote:In the 1st gen MK 1 foci, you could put in something like the SHM/Multimiatic suspension package, or the Focus RS parts, and eat just about anything on the road, including New Mini Coopers (yes, I could outgun them in the handling department).  The ONLY 05+ model that feels ok is the ST.  Any other model, is a waste of time, when it comes to stock vs stock.
[right][snapback]229691[/snapback][/right]

random note.. i can't help but say it.. did you 'outgun' them by comparing raw or even PAX'd times in some form of timed competition :)

anyway.. back to what i meant to say..

the interesting thing i find is that even though this 07 rolls quite a bit more than i am used to in turns compared to my old focus i am pretty sure i am keeping pretty similar speeds through familiar turns.. like even though based on the body roll this car feels worse, from an actual performance standpoint i'm not sure how much worse it really is.. i mean.. the tires really affect how much grip there is in the end. and i almost feel like this softer suspension is 'better' because the exaggerated body movements are really making it obvious how driver inputs change the vehicle dynamic.. i feel like the weight transfers a bit slower, and more obviously.. so its a good training aid in my opinion..

i also realized that if i move the 'shifter' to 1 or 2 then the car isn't as annoying because it won't change gears up and down when i try to use the throttle to rotate the car.. and it won't downshift when i am rolling on the throttle on corner exit and mess things up.. so i can still get some cornering fun going on..

but there is one thing i can't figure out.. i feel like when i hit the gas in an auto car.. there is some delay before the car reacts.. almost like there is something in the drivetrain that has to engage or take up slack or something.. before my throttle application gets transfered to forward movement.. does that even make snse? is that something to do with having a torque converter instead of a clutch? this is really interesting to me i have never tried to drive an automatic car hard before, (never had one)

and on a random note.. i am autoX this sucker tomorrow.. another first for me. autoX an automatic car.. haha i'll let you know how that goes

Messages In This Thread
So I Have A '07 Focus Se Sedan For A Month.. - naz - 03-11-2007, 06:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vote for Taylor for focus of the month FJ GFXjamie 13 4,441 01-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Scorcher000
  Vote for Focus of the Month - March! darkpuppet 6 3,068 03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Last Post: drunkinmonkey
  Nominations for Focus of The Month - October darkpuppet 28 13,757 10-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Mystake
  Nominations for Focus of The Month - July darkpuppet 12 5,454 07-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Gabriel
  Scc Burnout Of The Month - Canadian Focus 01-yellow-ZX3 8 3,110 09-29-2004, 04:49 AM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS