Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part Swap Q's?
ZX3TUNING,Mar 20 2007, 04:34 PM Wrote:if it were me swaping out a SPI or tired Zetec, this is what i would do...

2.3L Duratec engine, harness and ECU + tranny all from the same car!
coilovers
rear strut bar
rear 24/25mm sway bar(no front bar)
SVT brakes

...and then build from there.
[right][snapback]231336[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking verrryyyy close to the exact same thing when I was looking through ford racing parts.. but I was thinking, instead the coilovers, get that uhh.. dynamic package, that drops the car 1.5", I'm not crazy fond of the SVT suspension as I've heard around the masses that it's good if you just want a half inch drop and a better tweak, but if you want a good quality, all around suspension, getting like.. the H&R kit is better, as it lasts longer?

I'm going to keep my eye out for wrecked duratec's, I'd even be interested in a 2L dura, as they seem a little easier to find.. Not too sure on clips yet, shal have to do alot more searching.

The reason I was interested in the mix and match random car thing, is because I'm sure I've stated it before, I was a honda/nissan guy for a longggg time.. and all the cars I've ever owned had so many interchangeable parts that, if someone didn't make a better than other-stock part, you could use something from another factory vehicle and it'd work and be better than what you had.. Z32 brakes on a 240sx etc.

I'm for sure going to look into this alot more, till I get an engine, if I go that route this winter.. I'll slowly build till then - suspension, rims/tires, brakes, get my car handling and stopping right - before I need it to stop the power I'll be gettin'..

Gotta start small sometimes, I'd much rather have a car that can handle and stop, that only goes 120 easily, than a car that goes 200 and rides like a fischer price jeep..
[Image: rivalphotographygf0.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Part Swap Q's? - ex1z7 - 03-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Part Swap Q's? - Focus man. Focus. - 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZX3TUNING - 03-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ex1z7 - 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZX3TUNING - 03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZED_not_zee - 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM