Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Part Swap Q's?
while i know where you are coming from there are lots of pitfalls with the focus. Ford and Mazda , while they may share the mechanical side of many cars the communication side rarely jives with each other like Honda or other japanese brands do.

i'm not saying it wont work but the cost is often not worth the effort over going with readily available parts for the car in question.
SVT brakes are better than the Mazda3 brakes. not enough brake for you(and that would be impressive), TCE makes a great 4 piston upgrade that would trump anything out there that is OEM on another car like a MazdaSpeed3...

as far as suspensions go, if you are spending the money on a project like this then don't waste your money on half the crap in the FR catalog.

lots of people on here will disagree but then again most of them just don't know any better....
SVT suspension upgrade is a joke unless you are on a low dollar budget. (sorry to the guys that love theirs)
the Multimatic/dynamic package is barely better but it does come with a bigger drop.

both are nice for taking granny to church or going to pick up groceries with the wife but both quickly get left behind when pitted against other kits in true handling contests.

Coilovers are not a must but in most cases are the best option for the end result if you are actually planning a real project. some sport kits will out perform some coilovers but those are few and far between and often cost the same as entry-level *QUALITY* coilovers.
You can never go wrong with H&R or Bilstein imho.

as far as clips go, i just suggested it that way you KNOW you have all the required parts for the swap. nothing sucks worse than getting the car 80-90% together only to find out you need this or those parts or it wont work and then you are back on the hunt...

if you like, hit me up on MSN and we can discuss...

Messages In This Thread
Part Swap Q's? - ex1z7 - 03-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Part Swap Q's? - Focus man. Focus. - 03-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZX3TUNING - 03-21-2007, 07:34 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ex1z7 - 03-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZX3TUNING - 03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Part Swap Q's? - ZED_not_zee - 03-22-2007, 04:51 PM