Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brakes
Brakes ....

My own personal preference on this one is going to good old crappy parts source....
I just asked the guys for the cheapest rotor for a focus.... $ 44 bucks each is what they came back with ... i said i was installing the parts myself (which i was) and perhaps i could get jobber pricing.... rotors $22.50 a piece.... so 50 bucks for front rotors. Pads, i went for EBC greenstuff pads,(90$) good pads, as for longevity on them , depends how you use them , be nice and youll get tons of useage, use your brakes so that you start to burn the pads, and they wont last so long....I got a year outta mine , and rotors for a year as well. With some AutoX'ing in there....

Rears, you can get the drum and bearing for 80 bucks each As for shoes , pay what you want for them , personally i just get ones that work , rear brakes account for only 15% of the braking power in this car, (assuming its a zx3-5 and 00-04 model year)

(btw the cheap rotors will crack sure, but ive cracked 200 $ rotors just the same... get some brake cooling ducts going for the front end and the difference will be huge...but at $22 bucks each i can replace em 10 times before they cost the same as one set of brembo's or SSBC's etc .... )

50 bucks for set of rotors
90 bucks for pads
80 bucks for rear drums (each)
65 bucks for shoes (give or take ???)

so about 370 bucks plus tax ... make it about 400 bucks in parts ...

front rotors and pads will take ... 10 min a side or so ....
Rears, about 45 min a side ...
so about 2 hours if you throw a couple beers in there

:)

Messages In This Thread
Brakes - oldeguy - 03-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Brakes - Flofocus - 03-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Brakes - Focus Is Art - 03-13-2007, 12:54 AM
Brakes - naz - 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Brakes - Mike - 03-28-2007, 03:02 PM