Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-1 For The Ebay Valve Cover Gasket !
Bah... Yesterday I decided to replace my leaky valve cover gasket by my new found deal on Ebay , a leakier valve cover gasket , it is brand new so man does that thing pisses... The Ford gasket has a semi rigid core to it to give it strengh but it is pricy so cheap me I found this loomy valve cover gasket that even if you lay it down with the vavle cover upside down it will still do "S"es all over the place like if it was alive......Best job would have been to cut it with a blade ( to make it shorter ) and after sillicone it to the head ( or valve cover ) . So , old gasket back in with sillicone and screw that for now , It will sit overnight before I start the car so I don't think it will leak tomorrow.

[Image: 157411.jpg]

Stock OEM is up ( black ) and the blue loomy $hit that you already know about is somewhere in the picture too..... :P

[Image: 157408.jpg]

This is just impossible to keep it there unless I glue it and even then it's too long , it has to be cut to a perfect fit , the valve cover has no groove to help keeping the rubber there neither the head so loomy is free... :D

[Image: 157407.jpg]

I hate doing that but I'm silliconing the stock valve cover gasket that was recycled from the garbage outside , I was lucky it was not the garbage pick up day cause I would have been screwed...

[Image: 157410.jpg]

Can you see how clean is the timing belt , cam gears and around it ? .... Wanna know I do it ?...... It's called Sprayed 5W30 ...

[Image: 157409.jpg]

I'll stick with OEM for that part if it's the only thing available right now unless I did not shop enough but Oh well..... :)

So what's your valve cover story......[Image: rollinglaugh.gif]
Martin !
...V8 RX7...

...[Image: stan.gif]

Messages In This Thread
-1 For The Ebay Valve Cover Gasket ! - mpcv2000 - 04-03-2007, 11:35 AM
-1 For The Ebay Valve Cover Gasket ! - 02ztsian - 04-03-2007, 03:41 PM