Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100% Leather Shift And E-brake Boots!
guilty,Apr 3 2007, 09:51 PM Wrote:Looks like very nice work.. I need to replace the thin vinyl stock boots, they've both got tears in them.  These look perfect, looks like you'll have a lot of interest.
[right][snapback]233117[/snapback][/right]

Why don't you just edit your post and delete the quote part so everyone doesn't have to scroll throught it all twice!

You know what? When I got in my car for the very first time at the dealer the first thing I noticed was the GOD-AWFUL stock vinyl boots. I was like THOSE MUST GO! So when I got home 15mins after buying the car I had the stock boots already torn out of the car. I was like MAN these things are cheap and fugly! I did some research online and discovered that most of the aftermarket ones were over priced and quite frankly not up too the standard that I wanted to take my Focus. So I disassembled my stock boots thread but thread and bought a piece of thicker vinyl from Fabric Land to get to work on a better boot design. I like how some of the more expansive ones had a tight smooth top and I figured out how it was done and made about 5-6 different designs before I got it right. I then bought Steeda’s STS and went to work on a STS boot. I liked the way the thicker vinyl looked but I still wasn’t happy so I found a place that sold leather hides for couch making and my wife let me spend 200.00 on a hide! And here we are.

I believe I've returned everyones Pm's just let me know if I missed you.

Just a reminder to anyone going on the camping trip who wants a set of boots that is willing to wait till June to recieve there boots I will not charge the 15 shipping! I'll simply hand them to you all when we meet up. I'm looking forward to drinking a few beers and getting to know a few Focus maniacs like myself.
Performance & Cosmetic: Steeda Cold Air intake // Steeda 65mm throttle body // MBRP FlexBack exhaust // Steeda STS with hand made (by me) leather boots // tinted rear & triangles limo, doors 35%
Audio: Pioneer DEH P4700MP, larger JBL Door speakers, JBL amp and 10" JBL sub.
Next Mods: Front strut bar // rear engine mount // SCT Xcal 2 // Stage 1 Crane cams // SVT suspension // 17" rims.

Pics

http://www.angelfire.com/ultra2/gamers/my_...index.album?i=1

Messages In This Thread
100% Leather Shift And E-brake Boots! - The Mailman 666 - 04-04-2007, 02:36 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leather Shift Boots. How I Do It. The Mailman 666 21 8,592 04-16-2007, 11:16 PM
Last Post: ANTHONYD