Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires - Ice-x Vs. Icetrac Vs. Graspic
Hi all

I have been shopping for some winter tires for a week or so now, and have narrowed it down to the Michelin Ice-x, Nordic IceTrac, and the Dunlop Graspic DS-1.

But I can't seem to decide. The Icetracs have the highest speed rating, but it's not like I am doing 200km/h on the 401 anyhow.

My main concern is traction on wet roads, and in deep snow. My second main concern is that the tire handles well at highway speeds on dry roads - I don't want a tire that is going to feel floaty on highway curves, on ramps etc.

So which of these 3 would you recommend? Or is there something else in the $130 or less range that I have overlooked? Does the higher speed rating of the Icetracs mean it will handle better at high speeds on dry road?

ALSO, will getting 195/55/15 instead of the stock 195/60/15 help to eliminate some flex in the sidewall on the highway?

Any advice is appreciated!

2003 ZX3 French Blue; 25/35% tint; shorty antenna; apc clear corners; JVC MP3/CD HU; Sherwood 180W BP Series AMP; Alpine 11-band DSP with BBE processing; 4x Pioneer TS-A6870R 6" x 8" speakers; custom-made 4AWG engine grounding wires

Messages In This Thread
Tires - Ice-x Vs. Icetrac Vs. Graspic - xappie - 12-02-2004, 12:38 PM