Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schwarzenegger To Michigan: Get Off Your Butt
When it comes to safety and environmental innovation, I can't think of one automotive breakthrough that wasn't driven by either cost savings to the mfg or government regulation. Yes technology is the answer, but mfg won't invest in it if they don't have to.

The U.S. government (and ours too) has let the auto segment stagnate over the past 25 years in terms of emissions and fuel economy requirements and now it's being forced to play catch up.

But I have no sympathy for the auto industry ... they could have been a lot more proactive in terms of efficiency and economy, but chose instead to take the short term profits and take advantage of the fact that they weren't being forced to do anything to improve.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Messages In This Thread
Schwarzenegger To Michigan: Get Off Your Butt - ZTWsquared - 04-13-2007, 12:31 AM