Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reno, Nv Pics And Dodge Caliber Reflections
Took this while on the way back to the hotel after work yesterday... had to get changed for supper and some cruising in the crappy rental.

[Image: th_DSC_0037.jpg]

More here: http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...20April%202007/

It's so nice down here this time of year... you don't need a jacket until 8-9PM at least. The cars are RIDICULOUS. We're going to either the Planetairum at Uni of Nevada - Reno tonight or to the Harrah's Automobile Collection.

As friendly as our co-workers are here (and always have been), I'm enjoying this trip so much more this time with Sara here. Normally I'm a hermit in my room for 4-5 days.

On to the SUCK that is the Dodge Caliber SXT. DEAR GOD. There's my religious acknowledgement for the day. This thing is beyond useless. No balls, tippy handling and the CVT... I'd end up in the pokey for what I want to do to this thing because of the CVT. It's an unholy bastardization of belts and gear ratios and pretenses about being a geared transmission still. Oy. Climbing some of the more intense grades around Reno can be entertaining as the CVT edges the engine constantly higher, trying to maintain some speed up the hills.

It's noisy, there's lots and lots of tire thrum. The seats are flatter than Paris Hilton imitating Kate Moss. You take a corner in this thing at anywhere near a reasonable pace and it tries to launch you out the window. Fuel economy seems alright so far. There's also ZERO privacy in it... no rear decklid to protect what you put in the hatch, hence we lug everything everywhere we go. That's alright, more picture opportunities for us.

The only thing I like about it is the brakes. They bite hard, no sponge or waffle in them and they haul the trucklet down faster than I expected. Which is good, cause folks here weave as though it's the end of the world and they're fleeing for their lives.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Reno, Nv Pics And Dodge Caliber Reflections - NOS2Go4Me - 04-18-2007, 04:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Drive: 2008 Dodge Caliber Srt-4 SVT ZX3 9 3,309 09-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Last Post: 02_svt_guy
  Dodge Ram 1500 Pickups And Dodge Durango Recalled Frost__2001 0 1,091 09-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  Test Drive Of 2007 Dodge Caliber SVT ZX3 22 9,669 02-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Last Post: FocusGuy7476
  2007 Dodge Caliber Srt-4 Flofocus 12 3,721 10-17-2005, 01:42 AM
Last Post: S2