Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ontario To Ban The Sale Of Incandescent Bulbs
ANTHONYD,Apr 18 2007, 07:13 PM Wrote:It's about time.

I took a weekend and about about 200bucks and replaced EVERY bulb in my home with the energy saver bulbs. We noticed a 20 dollar dip in our bill right off the bat!
[right][snapback]235401[/snapback][/right]
You must leave your lights on a lot, seeing that tops you'll get is a 1/2 savings on just lights, meaning that if you saved $20 you are assuming that normally you spend $40. My average monthly hydro bill is under $80 with two kids. Chances are more likely that your savings are seasonal -- more daylight and the furnace isn't running as much.

The other downside is that you went out and spent $200, which means that you'll need a minimum 10 months to break even from buying them. But reality is that it will take even longer, because you'll find that you'll still need to replace the high-usage ones, at a higher cost.

I'm not anti-flourescent -- I've got them in my garage, and basement. The rest of the house are all on dimmers, mostly halogen, and everything possible are on timers and motion sensors.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
Ontario To Ban The Sale Of Incandescent Bulbs - OAC_Sparky - 04-19-2007, 10:47 AM