Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Turn To Rant...
I have a story..
I broke my wrist pretty bad last year (distal radius) snowboarding. My wrist was S-shaped, my hand was totally disconneced from my arm, and the bone nearly peirced through my skin. I wont lie, it didnt really hurt too bad, just flashes every once in a while..
But I was in the waiting room for 1 hour then the actual emergency room for 3.5 hours and all they did was give me some ice n that time. I finally got some x-rays then back to the emergency room for another 45 mintues... After a lengthy talk with an old woman with a broken ankle I FINALLY got some attention. After 2 failed attempts at giving me a muscle relaxer the doctor reset my bone without any relaxant at all and wrapped it in a tensor bandage with a splint and sent me home....???.....
I knew this was a bad idea so I went to another hospital the next day and after 2 hours there I finally got a actual cast put on... After telling me about some new type of cast material that you can shower with without damaging it they decide its better to give me a plaster cast...
Following that were 2 weekly visits at the Hand and Upper Limb clinic which wait time is 1 hour if your lucky, I wasnt... And then doctor decides I need surgery and has to re-break my wrist and I now have a t-plate in there permanently... To top things off it was my first surgery ever and there was a lady trying to get me to consent to a needle in the armpit so I wouldnt have to be knocked out. I declined and said I would rather be knocked out and then she felt it necessary to tell me that by doing this I am upping my chances of death from the anesthetic.... what the hell.... nice woman...
Lesson Learned.. Shouldnt have went to the University hospital in the first place. :angry:
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.

Messages In This Thread
My Turn To Rant... - torradan - 05-19-2007, 05:05 AM
My Turn To Rant... - NOS2Go4Me - 05-19-2007, 05:48 AM
My Turn To Rant... - mo_focus - 05-19-2007, 07:00 AM
My Turn To Rant... - Focus man. Focus. - 05-19-2007, 07:40 AM
My Turn To Rant... - torradan - 05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
My Turn To Rant... - oldeguy - 05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
My Turn To Rant... - Canadian ST - 05-20-2007, 11:49 AM
My Turn To Rant... - PDW - 05-20-2007, 03:04 PM
My Turn To Rant... - FocusGuy7476 - 05-20-2007, 05:27 PM