Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something That Hasn't Been Mentioned In A While,
NefCanuck,May 31 2007, 11:55 AM Wrote:You'd be surprised Anthony, heck, I even remember the last trip to Buffalo and going into a grocery store (Tops IIRC) and they had stuff I hadn't seen in Canada for years because our market is too small to sustain the sheer number of products.  Heck, they had ethnic food sections in that grocery store I would kill for to get up here <_<

NVM, the different models of consumer electronics that never make it up here, for the same reason :( [right][snapback]240011[/snapback][/right]

Actually, believe it or not, it's not that the market is too small per se, it's because the red tape that erodes profit.

75% of the problem is that damned French labelling requirement, 20% because of CSA approval.

I have a Whirlpool Gas stove that I physically went to Niagara Falls NY (Rosa's) to pick up because it wasn't available in Canada. At all. They sell every appliance in the Whirlpool Gold line here except a gas stove in black.

Yet it was made in Canada, has a CSA label.
No French labels or manual though.... Go figure.... <_<
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
Something That Hasn't Been Mentioned In A While, - OAC_Sparky - 06-01-2007, 04:54 AM