Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Decided To Let The Cat Out Of The Bag.
It would, might keep me a tad under 200WHP tho... so I'm going to be the MBRP test-mule for the revised 2.5" and 2.25" Duratec systems with a flex-back (2nd cat delete). According to Vic at FS, a 2.5" and Stage 2 @ 11PSI should net me over 200WHP easy. More if I go 12PSI, but I don't want to push it. 10-11 is generally accepted as a "long-life" install.

In 2 years, I may do a build-up with a 2.3L and forged internals to go with higher boost (which the kit can easily run).

I'll also be getting the CFM Bosch injector harness adapters so we don't have to cut into the stock injector wiring harnesses. I'd recommend that as an extra.

The FS kit now comes with the SS oil drain line standard (confirmed by Vic at FS) but they still recommend the coolant lines for the turbo, which I will be doing, as well as the one step colder plugs.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
I Decided To Let The Cat Out Of The Bag. - NOS2Go4Me - 06-04-2007, 03:09 AM