Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach
I'm glad you took the time to post, PDW. I found what you posted to be quite informative. Thank you. :) - I genuinely mean that.

I do agree that a lot of natives need their quality of life improved. But, at the same time, they insist on having reserve lands to live on and they stay there. Perhaps more education is needed that they could make the move to any city in Canada and start fresh.

I really do try not to judge folks, native or not, but in reality when you drive past the "Native Friendship Centre" here in town and you know the kids outside are just waiting to get to a house party or to sell drugs... my patience for them kind of weakens, you know?

How do I know these things? My wife hung out with the native crowd all through high school here in North Bay. I've been told point blank how quite a few of "her" generation spent a lot of their time. It's not good. The bottom line is that they just don't care because noone has taught them how to care. Of course, that pertains directly to North Bay... but I'm sure there's a common thread happening here.

I really don't mind that natives get access to healthcare. I don't even mind that they pay less taxes. What I do mind is when the sum total of their day doesn't even amount to part time work and then they complain about the state of the housing and living environment on their reserve.

OKA - that was a disgusting set of acts committed by all sides, particularly non-natives. For all my skepticism, I've never "hated" anyone in that fashion before and I'll do my part to ensure that I never will.

I acknowledge everyone in Canada has the right to protest, but I cannot agree with illegal acts such as highway closures. There's protesting and then there's militant action bordering on domestic terrorism. I may come off as a little anti-Native in my commentary, but that's due to the fact that there currently is a double-standard for policing and law enforcement in this country, and indeed this province, when blatantly illegal acts are committed by natives and by "everyone else".

On a side note, and I'm treading on thin ice here, I'm glad you chose to "get educated". Knowledge is power. I don't know you (nor have we met), but your frankness is appreciated.

I'll start digging for more treaty info, but web-links would be greatly appreciated. :) I have absolutely no problem with this discussion turning into a mass-education tool for the members here.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach - NOS2Go4Me - 07-02-2007, 12:29 AM