Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach
meford4u,Jul 1 2007, 11:05 PM Wrote:The idians lost the war.  White man won.  Case closed.

Why do we, the white man, have to keep paying for it?

You'll never get me to understand why we, the taxpayer, don't have the same rights as indians.  We are law abiding citizens and live by the rules of this country.  The indians want their own rules and their own country.

That would take another fight. 

You would lose again.
[right][snapback]242833[/snapback][/right]
ummm, treaties..... but otherwise just wow....I dont even know what to say to this post. Totally clueless/Undeniably Conservative I guess are two things that come to mind....\

Quick history lesson....
First of all there were never really any wars. And the battles that did take place Native people usually had the upper hand due to the extreme enviornment and Europeans not being in their element. They quickly realised this and immediately started peace agreements and this is how the treaty making process began. It was not Native people who started these types of agreements it was Europeans, because they did not want to lose numbers and seens it as any eay way to manipulate Native people which they did.

who even says its taxpayers money that goes towards anything First Nations related... Look into treaties and youll see the money actually comes from a very small percentage of natural resource sales, and land use costs, which was part of treatie agreements. You want to get mad at someone get mad at your all powerful "White Man" for making those treaties and having to live up to them. It has nothing to do with handouts, but everything to do with living up to agreements made. Tax money has little to do with anything but thats what everyone wants you to think.

You still want to beleive its solely taxpayers money then why not get mad that churches are not taxed and still receive all benefits.? Why not hate on kids who decide the cost of a box of condoms is more than having 3 babies in their teenage years and you the taxpayer having to pay for their lives? Or government funding for shelters or soup kitchens in major urban areas ? These are pure tax dollars, but you can reason with those decisions somehow.

And again, who says we dont pay tax. Im fully taxed at my job, and I pay GST on all purchases. The only place we dont pay any taxes at all are employment, and sales made ON reserves and like I have said that equal cheap smokes and the majority of the cheap smoke buyers are not native, so its not like were hording this "privelage" from anyone else..

So you can say "F'em, they are stupid enough to sign those treaties, I dont want to pay for stupid Indians whose ancestors made poor decisions by signing them" think again.. It was also yours who signed them and all we are trying to do is make sure the agreements are lived up to. You want to think its your tax dollars that go into First Nations money thats your choice but its a choice made out of pure ignorance.
2001 ZX3..
Mods - Coming Soon
Tinited with Skull decal on front bumper passenger side.

Messages In This Thread
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach - PDW - 07-02-2007, 11:42 PM