Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need To Put In New Pads - Call For Help Gta
ZTWsquared,Jul 5 2007, 11:33 AM Wrote:This is good advice ... at the very least you need to get the rotors turned to remove the layer of friction material from your old pads ... as I understand it when you break in a new set of pads it actually transfers a thin layer of friction material onto the rotor ... and so new pads means you need to remove that layer.

I'm doing the Dunville thing too and I'm simply putting new rotors and pads on ... The originals only have 17k on them, but I'd rather invest the money in new rotors vs. turning the old ones, and I'll save the originals for when the car goes back to the dealer at the end of the lease.

BTW Daniel ... I've decided to go with EBC Green stuff which I can pick up at a Mississauga warehouse for $71 for two wheels - I haven't decided on rotors yet.

Flofocus,Jul 5 2007, 10:50 AM Wrote:I always change my rotors when changing pads.
[right][snapback]243172[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]243190[/snapback][/right]

Ah, okay then, a new set of rotors it is, since turning them isn't an option right now when the new pads go in :P

Any idea if the Ford OEM rotors could stand up to track day use? I've got a set of Hawk HPS pads on order (I'm wondering if I should maybe slip by Dixie Ford to get a set of the rotors, since they are a sponsor of the event))

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Need To Put In New Pads - Call For Help Gta - NefCanuck - 07-06-2007, 03:42 AM