Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach
I dunno what to really write, but I have a couple of things to say.

I understand that there were treaties signed many years back that gave you rights in exchange for the land.

What I dont understand is if you want better living conditions build a better house and if you dont have the money get a job, build your credit up an eventually take a mortgage out. You need money if you want to do anything, what else can you do?, go into the forest and chop some trees down and bust out a house?.

The reason the reserves are suffering so much is that there is no business, which in turn means no money. I think one problem is that the reserves are located in places that are not close to major populations. If you think about it you cant build a best buy on the reserve and expect people to drive 30kms or more to shop there. This is something where the Natives need to start talking to each other and create a plan, then propose it to the Guv and ask for certain grants.

"Promises are promises", your dealing with politicians, how many times have they said they would cut pst, but havent?. You dont see me marching down the highway with a group of people. Get a better leader to represent you and take the fight to Parliament.

You have equal opportunity in this country if not more then anyone that lives here, to say the government is cutting back and preventing you from getting anywhere in life is bulls*** (sorry). Ill tell you why:

My parents came to this country with $200 bucks in there pocket, no english skills and I was wrapped in a blanket. They lived in the projects for 3 years, took english school and went on to college. The only thing they had paid was the housing an the english. Lucky? no, cause I know half of my friends parents did the same thing. Now I have 1 aunt here that arrived 8 years after us and the rest of my family is in Europe, so no family external family support. One thing I learned is if you speak the language and you have some common sense you can do anything thing here.

Times are changing if you dont want to get with the future by all means build a wall around your land and chill there for the rest of your life. Its time to get on and enjoy your life and stop dwelling about the past.

Im half German you dont me walking up to every Jew and saying sorry??

This isn't a slam against you, but there are many things you can do in this world, and this country is seriously good to do them in.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.

Messages In This Thread
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach - D-Dub - 07-06-2007, 08:48 AM