Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need To Put In New Pads - Call For Help Gta
Well, the Hawk HPS also claim better stopping performance than stock, less dust *&* a better stopping distance is my nirvana ;)

Already decided I'm not doing the random cheapest rotor thing, even if I wasn't doing a track day, I sure as hell don't want to play fast & loose with my brakes thanks :ph34r:

and the only changes between 00 and 05 was the diameter of the rotor was made bigger as of 05 for better heat dissipation. To combat the previous gen rotor and its tendency for warping under stress as I understand it.

NefCanuck

naz,Jul 5 2007, 08:33 PM Wrote:the stock brake setup in the focus is NOT bad at all (unless they changed a ton between 00 and 05).  the 00 stock brakes and rotors are fine for use at a lapping school.

and as i said before, the only things that hawk hps will get you over stock is less dust. 

just because something is 'stock' that doesn't make it bad...

EDIT: i can't substantiate this with any tech but i would spend the extra $ for an OE rotor or brembo blank rotor versus getting a random brand cheapo rotor from china.. brakes aren't the place to try to save a few bucks.  i'm suggesting this because i believe a poorly cast rotor is more prone to cracking or warping
[right][snapback]243239[/snapback][/right]

Messages In This Thread
Need To Put In New Pads - Call For Help Gta - NefCanuck - 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM