Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach
Actually it was a decrepit bus across the tracks in Deseronto, if that's the siutuation that's being referred to here.

I guess my point is why can't more natives just take the education that is being freely given to them? I put myself over $20,000 in debt to educate myself beyond a secondary school level and any aboriginal citizen has access to that same education for free!

If knowledge is power, why aren't more natives empowering themselves? If addiction and over-eating are elective disorders, why are those who are becoming addicted not shouldering the responsibility in removing themselves from the same problems that other willing individuals already do?

I'm reminded of the ruling out in BC last week about the banning of ice cream trucks from a reservation. Why ban the trucks and not smoking or drinking? Why not educate folks on proper portion sizes and responsbile diets? Eating ice cream is a choice, not a forced activity. If you can't keep yourself from eating massive amounts of ice cream, the "white man" is not to blame for that. But, in that ban of ice cream trucks... they are effectively saying that the dietary responsibility of aboriginals falls to non-natives and not the natives themselves.

So now, when we're faced with ugly precedents like that... how are the majority of skeptical Canadians supposed to see aboriginals and their claims of hardship and inequality?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
It's Beginning And It's Beyond Reproach - NOS2Go4Me - 07-11-2007, 01:54 AM