Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planet Ford - Same Planet, Different World
ZTWsquared,Jul 18 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:Yeah, me too.

But if anyone wants a set of the Planet Ford rotors let me know and I can pick them up for you.

Did you install your new brakes yet Daniel?

NefCanuck,Jul 18 2007, 12:29 PM Wrote:I'd rather have the upgraded rotors than have to deal with a brain surgeon like that :blink:

BTW - My 05 Focus actually has a production date on the doorjamb of Sept '04

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]244298[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]244303[/snapback][/right]

Yep, thanks go to Burnin21 for the help (actually he did most of the work, I just handed him tools :P)

Y'know considering I just had a "brake inspection" done by Ford, I was pretty mad at what we found when we tore things down.

The right side brake rotor actually had a piece of the rotors surface gouged out (There's no way it happened in the two weeks after the inspection, the area gouged out was not fresh)

The caliper pins on both sides were nearly bone dry and had junk on the ends that had to be taken off before the anti seize could be put on when putting things back together :blink:

I'm not sure how to respond when they call to ask me about whether I was happy with the service now. I mean at the time and up until I had the pads & rotors swapped I would have said yes, not knowing what I know now. I'm not sure how to answer at this point "Well, I had the pads & rotors upgraded and found out that the 'brake inspection' was done at a level I could have met"

NefCanuck

Messages In This Thread
Planet Ford - Same Planet, Different World - NefCanuck - 07-19-2007, 04:13 AM