Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions About Ford Racing Springs
ZTWsquared,Sep 17 2007, 07:15 PM Wrote:I'm not sure there's an easy answer to this ... the value equation is tough to figure out because it will vary with driving habits, typical road conditions in your area, etc, etc.

When I installed the Eibachs on my wagon, I had only 5k on the suspension so I decided to leave the stock dampers and see what happened.

So far I've put almost 20k on the setup and to date everything feels as good as the day I installed the Eibachs - and my instructor at the BMW Club driving school, who drives a race prepped 944 Turbo, thought my Focus suspension was "exceptionally well sorted out." That was a week ago, with 23k on the clock.

I fully expect the stock dampers to have a shorter life with the lowering springs, but so far there's no indication of how short, or how long that life might be.

Canadian ST,Sep 17 2007, 05:51 PM Wrote:So how long off a life do the dampers have anyways? I have 27'000km them now. Should I put on new dampers???
[right][snapback]248944[/snapback][/right]

Well of the 27'000km on my car about 95% are highway QEW Hamilton to Oakville.
[right][snapback]248951[/snapback][/right]
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]

Messages In This Thread
Questions About Ford Racing Springs - Canadian ST - 09-18-2007, 09:21 AM