Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories
I got this in an e-mail, enjoy.

Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories

1) Coffee can sized exhaust tip- This one seems to be permanently in vogue among the teeny bopper set. Is that what they do with the Bondo can after they're done applying the ground effects?

2) Hubcaps with ghetto / Wal-Mart spinners- Wow. For a second I thought you had a set of $10,000 rims on your Sunfire!

3) Neon colored dual blade windshield wipers- These just won't go away. It must rain extra hard in mobile home parks.

4) Huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window- Good for you-you own (or more likely wish you owned) a Harley. My dentist has one. So does my accountant. Is it really such a rebellious symbol anymore?

5) Deer repelling air horns- These 2 inch tall mini horns attach to your front bumper and scare off deer with a high pitched whistle-supposedly. How do you ever know if they work? I guess you'd only know if they don't when Bambi jumps in front of your Impala.

6) Illuminated windshield wiper nozzles- Why? No really, why?

7) Magnetic car ribbons- So you paid $4 to show the world that you "Support Our Troops". Who doesn't support the troops? Why not get one that says "I Breathe Oxygen"?

8) Fake hood scoops- The 4x4 crowd seems to love these. Unfortunately these things have a tendency to, like the magnetic car ribbons, trap dirt and moisture underneath. Take them off someday and you'll have a fake hood scoop-shaped dull spot in your paint.

9) Vanity Plate- Okay, this isn't an add-on accesory in the Pep Boys vein. But it's silly. Vanity Plates mostly exist for insecure people to brag to total strangers. Who cares if you bought your Caravan "4MY3KDS" or "2-BOYS"? Or how about "MY-VETT"? Yea, I kinda figured the Vette was yours when I SAW YOU DRIVING IT! Duh.

10) Brush bars on the front of newer SUVs- Come on, posers. There's no way you're taking that $40,000 Tahoe off road. Unless it's by accident when you lose control of your clumsy truck weaving in and out of traffic at 85 mph.
So that's it, in my opinion. Did I miss one?
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.

Messages In This Thread
Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories - Frost__2001 - 11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
Top Ten Silliest / Stupid Add-on Auto Accesories - 02ztsian - 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM