Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Car Companies Have Hatchbacks In 08?
naz,Feb 12 2008, 10:39 PM Wrote:re my earlier comment about the $31k b class... key reason i think its silly is that you could get a lightly used E class in the US $31k..  (or a lightly used LS430 for $25k for that matter) ... like.. i feel like ppl who want the brand should smarten up and drop $ on the used E class or LS430 instead of a yaris with MB badge stuck on it

given the way cars are priced right now in US used car mkt versus CDN new car market i feel like every person in canada thinking of buying a new car should be importing in from the US
[right][snapback]257914[/snapback][/right]
That may be true -- however, the topic at hand really is about new cars -- and why no hatches.

The reason that Mercedes can ask $31k is because people are willing to pay it -- whether the value is real or perceived. Even if the Mercedes is overrated (IMO), it undeniably still carries cachet it its name and people are willing to pay for that distinction even if it's actually an inferior product. What handcuffs a company like Ford is that to put out a truly good product, it needs to charge for it accordingly, but people won't because a Ford doesn't carry the same cachet as Mercedes even if the real value in product IS there.
TEAM PITA: Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.
*Magnetic Metallic 2015 Focus ST* *Red Candy Metallic 2012 F150 SuperCrew*
*Supercharged Roush Phase 2 Kona Blue 2012 Mustang GT*

Messages In This Thread
What Car Companies Have Hatchbacks In 08? - OAC_Sparky - 02-13-2008, 04:38 PM