Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow Up: Ford Focus Rs Confirmed To Have 280 Hp
Flofocus,Jan 24 2008, 08:34 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Jan 24 2008, 04: Wrote:....classing it with the STI and EVO is stupid.
[right][snapback]256726[/snapback][/right]

Who said that? I dont see any comparisions in this thread to the sti or evo
[right][snapback]256728[/snapback][/right]

in the orig article by the OP it said

Quote:Look for the Focus RS to go head-to-head with the Volkswagen R32, Mitsubishi Evolution X and Subaru Impreza STI.

hard to say from just bench racing but i think this car could actually be worse than the MS3.. for the following reasons

1 ) 99.9% sure the 'electronic diff' is NOT an uber trick driver controlled diff with many sensors to optimize power transfer (like STi/EVO).. and instead will be a stupid open diff that has traction control to prevent wheelspin via braking of the wheels individually. i think that's worse than the mechanical LSD that is currently in the MS3

2 ) MS3 already has torque reduction in the lower gears (first 3 gears i think) so 99% sure this new car with even more power/tq has to have that torque reduction also.. and the torque will probably be reduced to the same level as the MS3.. so really.. the car makes more power on paper, but the only time you get to see this power is in a straight line on the highway

don't think this has a shot at coming to NA... ford can't price it over 30k because no one will buy it.. if they price it at like 24k maybe ppl will buy it but then they cannibalize sales of the MS3 if they price it like 19k a bunch of ppl will probably buy (SRT4 stylez) but i doubt ford will do that

either way.. get a MS3 already all you ppl who just absolutely have to have a focus/ford product!

Messages In This Thread
Follow Up: Ford Focus Rs Confirmed To Have 280 Hp - naz - 01-25-2008, 06:54 AM