Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow Up: Ford Focus Rs Confirmed To Have 280 Hp
Canadian ST,Jan 25 2008, 02:21 AM Wrote:I wonder why they woulmt make awd? Its optional on the Volvo S40 and they share the same chasis and engine, why not the drive line? Maybe they are trying to keep the price down????
[right][snapback]256747[/snapback][/right]

take a look at this article

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_dis...m?release=20487

Quote:Volvo's Haldex AWD system accommodates a wide range of variations between an S40 sedan and an XC90 SUV without creating a different system for each vehicle...... Volvo's AWD system, created by the Swedish company Haldex, is the same from vehicle to vehicle. The difference comes once the system is installed at the factory and the software takes over.

that pretty much rules out the cost argument i think... the parts are the same across the lineup.. its just software tuning (which is essentially cheap because you figure it out once and just copy the code to every car)... if they can put the tech in an S40 i don't see why they can't put the tech in a focus RS.. which is prob going to sell for about the same price..

at first i thought it was a durability issue, but if the setup can be used in the S60R/V70R which is a heavier car with more power then it should be fine for the smaller lighter focus sized car

the only thing i can think of is maybe some of the retard product planners from ford NA made it to ford UK?

Messages In This Thread
Follow Up: Ford Focus Rs Confirmed To Have 280 Hp - naz - 01-25-2008, 07:16 PM