Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Car Companies Have Hatchbacks In 08?
OAC_Sparky,Feb 13 2008, 06:38 AM Wrote:The reason that Mercedes can ask $31k is because people are willing to pay it -- whether the value is real or perceived.

What handcuffs a company like Ford is that to put out a truly good product, it needs to charge for it accordingly, but people won't because a Ford doesn't carry the same cachet as Mercedes even if the real value in product IS there.
[right][snapback]257923[/snapback][/right]

i agree with you and to support your 2nd statement.. i think its actually a GOOD play by ford.. since it has the mazda3 warm hatch, mazdaspeed3 hot hatch, volvo c30 luxo hatch.. so rather than waste money trying to salvage ford's image in north america its cutting loses and placing product in appropriate brands that ppl are willing to pay money for (ie instead of $24k focus RS that no one but a few gearheads will buy it has $24k mazdaspeed3 that many import brand leghumpers would love to own)

and in support of my orig statement about hatches.. hatches will sell in the US but they need to bring the goods.. the presence of the MS3 is proof that hardcore euro ford tech CAN be sold profitably at north american prices and ppl will buy em... the absence of the focus hatch is proof that it did not bring the goods (170hp for 19k in 2005.. c'mon.. no chance THAT would sell)

Messages In This Thread
What Car Companies Have Hatchbacks In 08? - naz - 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM