Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesla Begins Production Of Electric Roadster.
GM and other manufacturers get to watch another auto manufacturer do something they can't..

Tesla announces they've begun production of the first all-electric roadster..

From Tesla...

Quote:We have begun regular production of the Tesla Roadster
by Ze'ev Drori
President and CEO

published Monday, March 17th, 2008

In my last posting on this blog I emphasized that my primary goal as the new CEO of Tesla Motors was to get the car on the road. The potential of this company is vast but it is dependent on meeting our commitments and that starts with delivering the 2008 Tesla Roadster to our customers.

Since my previous communication we have obtained all the required regulatory approvals for the sale of the Roadster in the US and delivered the first production Tesla Roadster. We also set at that time a date of March 17th 2008 for the start of regular production of the Roadster. I am pleased to report to you that we have met this commitment and have begun regular production.

While this is an important milestone for the company and a watershed for the new era of electric vehicles, we still have a lot of work to do. Our key focus with the Roadster will be on gradually ramping up our production in a deliberate and controlled manner reaching a rate of over 100 Roadsters per month early next year.

At this point our attention is expanding into the sales and service arena marked by the opening of our Los Angeles store and Menlo Park store in the near future. We are determined to provide a customer sales and service experience that will not only raise the bar to the automobile business but will far exceed the best available anywhere.

Our customers have been a key part of this journey to date, staying engaged and loyal as they have watched us closely through our development process. We plan on rewarding this loyalty by delivering a revolutionary car and providing a level of service that inspires confidence and a sense of association with a company that really cares.

With this milestone, the Tesla Roadster is the only zero emission electric vehicle in production today – this is in stark contrast to the others who only talk about their future plans. Tesla’s remarkable achievement validates the vision, ingenuity, hard work and commitment of Tesla’s employees.

Tesla will further expand its existing technological lead as we build and deliver thousands of Roadsters per year. With innovative EV technology, a strong brand, and being ahead of the pack, Tesla has established an extraordinary platform for future success.

Ze’ev Drori
President & CEO
Tesla Motors
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

Messages In This Thread
Tesla Begins Production Of Electric Roadster. - darkpuppet - 03-18-2008, 10:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla Motors CanadaSVT 0 812 02-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Last Post: CanadaSVT