Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wants Another "i Want To Boost Thread!"?
paulicat,Apr 12 2008, 12:10 PM Wrote:Yea thats the catch, I'm fairly certain its been disco'd. :(
So what would be a second choice turbo kit then?
[right][snapback]261862[/snapback][/right]

I haven't heard much about them, but SPA (check out the engine, forced induction section of http://www.c-f-m.com) looks to make some nice stuff. Lots of stuff like header, waste gate, downpipe, etc to make a diy project very easy, but probably a little more $$.

If I was doing this again and the SPA stuff is good...this would be my shopping list

-The SPA Header
-SPA T3 Turbo, oil feed/return lines.
-SPA uppipe
-Good universal intercooler
-Miscelanious piping (straight, 45, 90 degree bends)
-couplers to match piping, and MAF (if needed)
-SPA Waste gate
-DiabloMaf/SCT MAF/whatever works MAF :P
-42lb injectors
-SCT Xcal or pro racer package
-AF wideband
-Boost guauge (not really needed)
-2.5 Borla exhaust (anything really, borla is my preference)
-Trubendz 2.5 flex pipe
-Good Blow off valve (Bosch, greddy, etc)
-DYNO TUNING <= Important
-You will want to use new gaskets wherever you can.

Then what you do...if you have some downtime ;)

Design your kit...think of what kind of setup you will go with. Blow through or straight through setup. You want to place your MAF in an area where there's very little air restriction, so somehwere straight in the piping...

Bolt everything that can be bolted up. Header, turbo, downpipe...everything that you can and will stay in place.

Mount your intercooler in a good place, make it secure by making some brackets. My intercooler had a welded threaded bung in the middle ontop, and two little flanges welded one each side on the bottom. A friend and I made the brackets with spare metal we had laying around. You can use the frame running under the radiator to secure the bottom of the IC with brackets, we drilled a hole in the middle of the bumper, and bolted another home made bracket to the top of the intercooler. make sure it cant move and is secure as possible.

Then you take your piping and start routing it places where it makes sense (according to the setup you thought of). A little tip, you can use CAI piping, thats what I did for my plumbing from the TB to FMIC. Little cutting, and welding, got what we wanted for cheap. If you dont have a welder, I'm pretty sure they sell these magnets that can hold your piping together, but I may be wrong. You can use the old marker routine by marking how the piping is meeting eachother, but you will need an extra set of hands to make sure nothing is moving and shifting, you want this to be as exact as possible for the welder your bringing it to to get right the 1st time, it gets expensive when you keep fawkin it up. You can use a hawk saw to cut your piping but a good pipe cutting saw makes things go fast. I always look for excuses to buy new tools though. :D

With the shopping list above, all you would really need to design your sefl is the piping form the TB to IC, and IC to turbo.. Depending on blow or straight through, you would need to design a air filter setup also.

Heres some pics of my adventure. :P

[Image: DSCF0792.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0784.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0790.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0785.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0796.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0799.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0798.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0811.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0789.jpg]

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Who Wants Another "i Want To Boost Thread!"? - Flofocus - 04-13-2008, 08:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15"x7" Steel Wheels Anyone? LightAges 12 4,059 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Last Post: 2.0duratecpower
  High Quality yard sale over in "sell" forum jackpot 1 2,409 06-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Last Post: tdot-zx3