Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vf Supercharger Install Update**********
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 12 2008, 10:30 PM Wrote:How long did it take for the install, and did you need any special tools?
[right][snapback]261876[/snapback][/right]

You can do it in one day provided you have everything you need to install the kit like tools and replacement fluids. It took me 5 days because I took my time and I only had one day off and had to work the rest plus I was sick and starting a new job at the same time. You and a friend could do it one day for sure. One guy work on removing the passenger drive shaft and half shaft, removing the oil pan, drilling and all that stuff. Other guy can work on relocating the coolant, power steering reservoirs and lines. I would finish the bottom end first because you have to remove the passenger side engine mount and you need to support the engine.

As far special tools, you need a impact gun, torque sockets and bits, torque wrench, tap wrench (I had a hell of a time trying to find one so what I used was a ratchet and it worked like a charm.) The oil skirt isn't very thick and its very easy to drill but you have to be careful not to tap the hole all the way through. I almost sh*t myself when I lost a bit down inside the timing belt cover and was lucky enough to retrieve it with a retractable magnet. So of those is a good idea.
O3 ZX3: Drl-to-drf Mod, Racing mirrors, Shorty antenna, B&M short shifter, Focus Sport 4-1 race header, Focus Sport front strut stabilizer, MBRP cat back, RaceCraft springs, Eibach Pro dampners and struts, RaceCraft 25mm rear stabilizer, Hella lights, Core Racing 17"s.
VF Supercharger Kit (Stage 2)

"I usually don't do this type of work." "I thought you were a professional driver?" "A different kind of driving.".

Messages In This Thread
Vf Supercharger Install Update********** - SmokeBCBuDZ - 04-13-2008, 09:41 AM