Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Wants Another "i Want To Boost Thread!"?
go turbo with low boost. I'm guessin you've got a normal Zetec.... you're at a 9.?:1 compression ratio I'm pretty sure with the 2.0L Zetec vs 10.2:1 in the SVT Zetec

You can handle more boost than the regular SVT engine can (due to its high compression ratio) but keep in mind the weaknesses of these engines. Apparantly the SVT's weakness is its pistons whereas the 2.0L Zetec engines weakness is its valves I think.

Check focaljet... theres LOTS of posts about boosted foci on there that you can probably learn from. That being said... you could probably safely run an 8 - 10PSI turbo without changing anything other than getting a 91 octane tune. Shove a BOV on there to expell hot gases (and emit cool sound :D), a nice intercooler and you're golden!

Theres actually a guy on Focus Fanatics selling a T3 turbo for like $400 I think he was asking. Only thing about that is that It's not a ball bearing turbo. I plan on going boost on my SVT eventually on low boost, but I'd prefer to get a ball bearing turbo. Something to consider maybe. btw that T3 for sale on FF is brand new :)

Good luck with your boost application! Keep us posted (I'm always readin people's boost posts to know what to expect :))
Loyal Focus Owner!!!
First: 2003 Ford Focus ZX5
Second: 2002 Ford Focus SVT (#2808 of 4788)

Messages In This Thread
Who Wants Another "i Want To Boost Thread!"? - SVTGuy02 - 04-18-2008, 05:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15"x7" Steel Wheels Anyone? LightAges 12 4,059 06-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Last Post: 2.0duratecpower
  High Quality yard sale over in "sell" forum jackpot 1 2,409 06-02-2003, 01:25 PM
Last Post: tdot-zx3