Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free?
Drivesthebeast,Jan 18 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Yeah, mine being a 01, I'm lucky that it's come back with ZERO recalls...I asked about that before I bought it actually, and DeWildt Chrysler said they got it's history before they bought it, and apparently my particualr car was one of few without any recalls...only had the TSB from Ford regarding the springs... which won't bother me coz I'm replacing the entire suspension this year anyways.

The car is still a blast to drive, and though I've aged it by 2 years in the last 14 months, it's still running strong (or even stronger) than when I first got it.  I just wish it didn't have that stupid windage noise in the tranny...ah well...my MBRP and my stereo drown that noise out anyways...lol!

I'd buy my car again, and actually consider having a 2nd one too...They have better interiors, more hp and tq than an equivalent civic, corolla, cavalier, neon, etc...cost less than them (except the cavi), I mean c'mon...for what the Focus is, and what it costs to buy, it's gotta be the best compact out there in it's pricerange...
[right][snapback]79430[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, unfortunately I have an 04 or 05 Sunfart as a rental now while Im in London. The 2.2 Ecotec engine does have some balls, but the rest of the car is absolute crap. I kept on comparing it to the focus, and the focus DID have better handing, better ride comfort (even with my lowered car, the ride in the focus was better than the stock Sunfire), soooooooooooooooooo much sweeter interior, and the focus just looks wayyyyyy better than anything else out there IMHO.

Just a qucik note on the material used in different cars. I brought my dog to London, and he likes jumping back and forth in the car and he managed to scratch the s**t out of the Sunfires interior. In my focus, the dog could put up his paws on the dask, slide, scratch, whatever, and he never damaged the focus's interior. It seems like Ford uses a real good "Scratch resistant" material in the interior, cuz I couldnt beleive how much scratches the dog did in a 5.5 hour trip on the sunfag.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - S2 - 01-19-2005, 02:51 AM
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - Flofocus - 01-19-2005, 05:55 AM
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - paolo - 01-19-2005, 10:43 AM
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - naz - 01-19-2005, 11:39 AM
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - K_OS - 01-22-2005, 06:17 AM
So Who's Been Almost Trouble Free? - K_OS - 03-23-2005, 04:19 AM