Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective
LightAges,Jun 8 2008, 07:14 AM Wrote:I think you missed the point of my post entirely!

I agree that car pooling and using cars less is a much better answer (partial) to fuel usage but...

I was trying to point out that you shouldn't just account for your own out of pocket costs for modifying and your out of pocket savings in fuel. My whole point of this thread is that the picture is much bigger than this.
[right][snapback]266251[/snapback][/right]

If it makes you feel better I get great MPG's. On a different note my crane at work uses close to 500 litters of diesel in a 12 hour period.

My point.
Yes have a car that is good on gas, it is easy on the wallet. Do not kid yourself into thinking I (you) will save the planet by carpooling or driving less. If you took my example of what my crane uses in fuel and multiply that by 30 cranes (at my work) That is 15'000 litters of diesel per shift, there are 730 shifts in 1 year (two shifts a day) That adds up to 10950000 litters of diesel a year. There are thousands of machines like mine in North America alone, never mind what cargo ships use. Our company did look into using biodiesel but it gums up in the winter and the it voids the warranty on all equipment because it burns hotter.
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective - Canadian ST - 06-08-2008, 09:48 PM