Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective
The thing is - you've got the wrong audience!

A Ford Focus is one of the more efficient subcompacts out there. I would be standing and applauding if you had made this speech to the North American Hummer Owners' Association (if such a thing exists) or PimpMyEscalade.com. However, guys driving fairly thrifty 2.0L / 2.3L 4-cylinder cars aren't horribly tasked about every last drop. They're getting 6-7L/100KMs on the highway and 9-10 city on average. That's pretty respectable. Sure, they all piss and moan about their economy but on average we're all within 5-10% of each other (exept for those guys running boost! :P ).

Now, in your mindset, they should drive less. That's all well and good except for the fact that a fleet of Foci with less overall yearly KMs won't save nearly as much as all the full-size luxury SUVs on the roads if they, the SUVs, were driven less.

Actually, it's pretty bad when I sold my RX-8 and got into a 2008 Ford Escape to save gas. :P

Your drive is commendable, but your target audience is -----> that way. Look for the large, full frame vehicles driven by mid-level execs' soccer wives and such.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective - NOS2Go4Me - 06-09-2008, 09:48 PM