Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective
NefCanuck,Jun 12 2008, 11:02 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jun 12 2008, 08:07 AM Wrote:And the same thing goes for the Escape. I can mess my DTE up six ways from Sunday with a dramatic shift in driving style.

Mind you, it's still wickedly better on gas than the RX-8. I would have had to fill by now this week but I still have a quarter tank left in the Escape.
[right][snapback]266631[/snapback][/right]

Ah but is the tank the same size? :lol:

In my case its the other direction, getting used to more frequent fill-ups than the Focus (pay to play and all that) though I think part of it is the "new carness" that has me going hither & yon, once that settles out...

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]266659[/snapback][/right]

Oddly enough, yes! They're both 62L tanks (16.5 gallons) and have about 50L of usableu" volume befoe you hit each car's respective reserve area. The only difference is in the Escape, the gas light comes on just after 40L have been consumed. DTE normally reads 80KMs at that point and filling at pretty much "E" nets you a 50-51L fill.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.

Messages In This Thread
Fuel Efficiency, A Different Perspective - NOS2Go4Me - 06-13-2008, 03:08 AM